Trail Report- Friday, February 9, 2018 -- With Update

Moderators: Native Mainer, Snowflake, TheIceMan

Trail Report- Friday, February 9, 2018 -- With Update

Postby Snowflake » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:07 pm

**Added an update from Bernie at the end of this post at 11:30 a.m.**

TGIF! My spidey senses says that a bunch of you will be playing hooky today to play in the new snow. To help you out, 2 groomers (yep 2!) went out yesterday to make sure we were ready for the weekend. The whole loop is done! Bernie took the day shift on the Okemo side and Rich took the night shift on the North Hill side. THANKS, Bernie & Rich! I'm sure they will send me their trail report later and I will be sure to pass on more details when I hear them. For now, check out FB to see Rich's 2 videos from last night and his pictures. I think that will give you a good idea of what's out there on North Hill (Warming Hut area).

If you do go on the Okemo side, I believe there are some large water bars to watch out for. Be careful from Healdville Station down 7 to RD78. It was tricky grooming over there yesterday. Rich is going to go over tonight to work on it some more.

Reminder: there are 2 events on Saturday hosted by neighboring clubs:
-Weathersfield Pathfinders Poker Run
-Chester's Valentine's Day Bonfire

Info on Weatherfield Poker Run -> https://vtvast.org/wethersfield-pathfinders-annual-poker-run-perkinsville.html
Info on Chester's Bonfire -> https://vtvast.org/chester-snowmobile-club-valentines-day-bonfire.html

I'll send more details on conditions later if I hear anything.

We may even get 1-3" of snow today. (I'll refrain from telling you there could be a little rain on the weekend ugh.)

Be safe! Ride right! There could be a bunch of traffic this weekend.

See you on the trails!

*** Update at 11:30 a.m. ***
Heard from Bernie. This is what he has to say about the Okemo trails over by Healdville Station down 7 to RD78:
The water bars did get filled in but being the snow is so light it does not take much to spin the snow out of some of them! I would say for people to be safe n watch out for changing conditions as there are going to be a lot of people out this weekend.

Thanks, Bernie!
Snowflake

Return to Ludlow Side Hill Cronchers Trail Reports